Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nasty Habits

     Those of you that use windows will know what I'm talking about. The habitual desire to check for viruses, the registry cleaning, the junk cleaning, the un-installation of unused programs, the constant defragging, and over all finding someway to constantly make it what it was before.

     If your lucky and installed windows yourself from a CD then you didn't have to go through and spend hours deleting all the unneeded things they ship with OEMS. All for a reason and that reason is cost but I don't want those programs installed.

     So what I'm trying to say is that while I use Linux I find myself very bored. It took me awhile to come to the conclusion why Linux bores me. I don't have anything to do on it. All those things I did on windows that in the end gave me something to do I no longer need to do. I can remove programs, sure, and clean up some junk here and there but it makes no difference to performance, just disk space. There is no defragging, I can scan for viruses but I wont find any unless I'm scanning a Windows partition but still it isn't the same. I can try to speed it up by doing things I shouldn't and in the end regret it because of my lack of knowledge.

     Is Linux better because of this? I dunno, as they say humans are creatures of habit so maybe I'll go back to windows just to give me something to do...jk btw.

1 comment:

  1. Sad but true :(, it's what i've felt for a while after switching.

    ReplyDelete